I love twitter!
More than ever, I enjoy following and interacting on social media. It can be very inspirational and helpful to connect with other writers.
Many different authors that I admire, were very successful last year. Here are just 5 I follow…
1. Nic Stone (@getnicced)-In 2017, she released her debut novel that did very well, “Dear Martin” about a young boy who faces racial injustices and during the course of his storm writes letters to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. This book is definitely on my Goodreads list of books to read in 2018. Her Twitter timeline is filled with tweets about herself as well, as well as other writers. I love that she shares her personal side.
2. Angie Thomas (@angiecthomas)-Her book, “The Hate You Give” is actually being turned into movie. It’s on my list to read this year and I hear it’s a real page turner! Angie tweets about current events, authors struggles and has a quite a sense of humor. Her bio states that “She love’s jesus but she cusses 🙂
3. Nicola Yoon (@NicolaYoon)-Her debut book “Everything, Everything” was made into a movie last year. Her timeline is totally about diversity in litterature (yasss) and big ups other great writers.
4. Brit Bennett (@britrbennett)-Her book “The Mother’s” was one of my best reads of 2017! Not to mention, I got to meet her at a discussion and get a signed copy here in Kansas City last spring. She also writes some very interesting essays and Tweets about current events.
5. B. Love (@AuthorBLove)-Like myself she’s a self-published Author who writes fiction, Romance specifically. I find her tweets inspirational because she tweets about her writing process as well!
Curious as to who else I follow on Twitter or what I tweet about? Follow me at NicoleAlicia2
Until next time…